Friday, November 28, 2008

Retrofit finished

I finished Nigel's Retrofit cardigan...




I made several modifications to the pattern, some more succcessful than others. I replaced the folded hem with a 2 x 2 rib which I think looks better. The collar is less successful, I winged it with a straight folded collar which in retrospect would have benefited from some decrease rows. But, overall its not too bad and meets the requirement (keeping warm in the office).

Knitted in Cascade 220 on my lovely lantern moon 5mm needles. The red is 220 Paints in colour 9926 and the sleeves and collar are 220 Heather in 9449, I used 4 skeins of the red and 3 of the blue. Navy separating zipper came from Hancocks.

1 comment:

Christina said...

What a great result! Fabulous colours.
I hope my plans for George's cardigan turn out this well. [I may have a problem with the fit...]