Saturday, November 08, 2008

On the needles: Retrofit

I've a new project on the needles. This is for Nigel who requested a jacket similar to my Ribby Cardi . Since it got cold here I've had quite a lot of wear from it. The pattern is Retrofit from Knitty.com.



Im going to knit the body in this red: Cascade 220 paints in colour 9926, and the sleeves and collar in Cascade 220 in grey (8400) which is left-over from my Loppem cardigan. This colour is apparently very hard to photograph as it's really not pink or purple at all - but a deep red.

I've already modified the pattern and am knitting a 2 x 2 rib in the body colour rather than a contrast folded hem. I've knitted more since I took this photo and am at the underarm decreases already. Hopefuly it will be a quick knit and he can have it before ski season, as requested.

No comments: