Saturday, November 01, 2008

Off the needles: Loppem

I finished Loppem this week and wore it today to the school Halloween party. (Hence the too-small orange top).


On the whole I am pretty pleased with it. The yoke/front does not seem to sit quite right in these pictures, but I think it's mostly to do with how I'm standing. I'm also sure it would look better with a different top underneath, maybe a roll-neck. However, the weight is perfect for a Californian winter...where it never really gets cold enough for 'heavy duty' knitwear.


I obtained a 2nd edition of the Norah Gaughan Vol 3 book, without the errors that apparently plague the 1st edition. I found the pattern easy enough and quick to knit. I used Cascade 220 from my stash, just over 3 skeins I think. The buttons are pewter globe buttons from Green Planet Yarns in Cambell. I didn't make any modifications to the pattern, although I did knit it 4" longer than specified from hem to sleeves. I have 6.5 repeats of the cable pattern. If I were knitting this again I might also make the purl rows on the hem into a larger hem of garter stitch. The back of the top rolled like mad and I had to steam the living daylights out of it to get it to lay flat. The sleeves didnt seem to have the same problem.

No comments: