Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ribby cardi completed

I finished the ribby cardi over the weekend. I'm pleased with the sweater: the pattern was really well written and easy to follow, with several styling options (collars, plain vs all-over rib). I didn't make any modifications apart from adding 2" length to the body.

The colours worked out well: the sleeves are knitted in ArtYarns Supermerino that I have had for a while (originally bought to knit a vest but underestimated yardage). The body is Cascade 22o in colour 2412 (Rose).

I used the zip insertion tutorial at the Chic Knits web site which worked well. I couldn't get a bi-directional zip, but the one I got from Hancocks Fabrics matches the colour well. Of course I will now pack this away until the weather cools, but I expect it will be a useful addition to my wardrobe.

1 comment:

yarnivorous said...

Nice ribby! Just in time for the Hot! ;-)