Tuesday, June 30, 2009

On the Needles: Lamour

Im knitting Lamour from Rowan 44. It's a lace knit sweater with 3/4 sleeves knit in Rowan Wool Cotton.

I saw the sample for this knitted up in John Lewis in Oxford St in London during my day out with Christina ... so this is my London souvenir knit project! I'm knitting the sleeves, hopefully I won't run out of wool now as it's rather late to acquire the same dye lot.


I'm knitting it in the called-for yarn in Colour 954 which is a rather smoky lilac shade. I didn't get gauge so I'm knitting the size 12 which seems to be coming out around the right size. The lace pattern is easy to memorize and also easy to incorporate into the shaping...the pattern is not much use with that as it has a chart showing the shaping for all sizes, that takes no notice of 'orphan' increases and decreases. Ive knitted enough lace to realize that you need to accomodate this unmatched increases and decreases, but it's rather a shabby chart that implies that it's complete...but isn't.

No comments: