Saturday, June 20, 2009

Off the needles: Secret Squirrel

OK - the parcel arrived in the UK so I can publish this post now!

Ive been knitting on this project for Christina, in thanks for the fleece she prepared for me. It is, of course, another Ishbel shawl, from Ysolda Teague.

This shawl is knitted in Blue Moon Fiber Bambu yarn which is a 100% bamboo laceweight. The colour is 'Dark Horse'. I knitted it on 3.75mm needles, slightly smaller than the Geisha version, but I prefer the stockinette section to have a little more 'body'.

You might guess that I really like this pattern! I knitted the smaller version of the pattern for both stockinette and lace portion, the final version is 21" x 50" and is much more wearable as a scarf (which is what I had intended for the previous Ishbel).

I've decided to give the larger Ishbel to Eileen for her birthday, which leaves me bereft of an Ishbel for myself! I am hoping that I can maybe knit one in the yarn I'm spinning from Christina's fleece if it works out OK. (In terms of spinning quality that is).

1 comment:

Christina said...

Thank you, thank you.

It's far more than I deserve for the rather coarse pile of fibre I sent you!

So .. doubly wonderful!