Monday, June 08, 2009

Off the needles:Ishbel

I finished my Ishbel shawl. The pattern is from Ysolda Teague .



The yarn is from http://www.bluemoonfiberarts.com/newmoon/. It's the Geisha laceweight which is 70% mohair, 20% silk, and 10% nylon. The colour is Lucy. The yarn is smooth and very slightly shiny, it makes a very fine fabric knit at this gauge. I used 4mm needles.

I think the variegated yarn worked out OK in this shawl because of the large stockinette portion in the center. I made the large size of the shawl and used just over half of the skein or so. I had intended to wear this as a scarf, but it's actually quite large: 66" wide and 28" deep when blocked.

I really enjoyed knitting this - the lace pattern is quite easy, its all charted, and the stockinette part makes it quick to finish.

No comments: