Thursday, January 15, 2009

On the needles

Two projects on the needles currently (not including socks-in-progress). Firstly: a throwback to the 80's...

...legwarmers. I am making these because my new boots are too close fitting to wear my handknit socks, and I thought the legwarmers would do the same job keeping my legs warm (fancy that!). These are knitted in Alpaca Sox using the pattern in Leigh Radford's 'One Skein'.

Any guesses what this item is? freeform knitting? seaweed?


It's actually a baby jacket. The pattern is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. The surprise element being that while you are knitting it, it looks nothing like a jacket, so at the end you are (hopefully) suprised by the wearable garment you have created. The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash Paints. Both yarns bought at the Commuknity closing sale.

No comments: