I finished my silk shrug, I'm pleased with it - apologies for the fuzzy photo (especially to Madoka...but you can see it in person).
The pattern is from Erica Knights "Classic Knits" and it's knitted in 5 skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk in the Celery colour.
The pattern, however, is really poorly written. Somewhat disappointing as I bought the book ‘Classic Knits’ for this pattern. If the other patterns are as badly written its unlikely im going to knit more. The pattern was not incorrect - but had a written structure that I had to rewrite to make it understandable: the increase pattern on the front was not complicated, but the pattern described the increase row, the subsequent rows were written like this:
Row 1 knit
Row 2 purl
Row 3 increase pattern
Rows 4-6 repeat rows 1-3
Rows 7-10 repeat rows 1 and 2 twice
Confusing - and unnecessary since the real instructions could have read something like "continue for 28 rows increasing on front edge every 4th row, and at side edge every 10th row"... I find patterns like this very frustrating as it's really just lazyness. The guernsey pattern was also like this - but it was an older pattern book - Classic Knits is a new book and I guess I expect better.
The shrug also used 5 skeins, yet according to the yardage estimates (for a different yarn of the same fibre and guage) indicated that 6 would not be enough.
Despite all this, I really like the cardigan; its drapey and lightweight and likely to be very wearable (although not with the dress I’m wearing in the photo!)