Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas knitting revealed

There was not actually much Christmas knitting this year, and what there is shows a definite theme...

Starting with Duncan's tea cosy. Knitted in Noro Kureyon using the beanie pattern that I used for our camping tea cosy.



and socks for Duncan. These knitted in Regia silk; a silk and wool machine washable blended yarn. My usual sock pattern.



In the summer Thomas and Elliot saw me knitting Adam's camo socks and requested their own:




Knitted in lana grossa machine washable wool with contrast toes from a plain brown wool. The yarn is not as camo as the Lorna's laces camo colourway - but I think it gives a similar effect.


Finally I knitted Nigel a headband using the calorimetry pattern.




It was a stocking present - when he opened it he said that he thought Id forgotten the request - it was actually a requested item of knitwear - what self-respecting knitter forgets her husband's requests!



No comments: