Friday, April 25, 2008

Off the needles - lady of the lake

I have finished my Lady of the lake jacket.





This is a kit from Fleece Artist including Kid Aran yarn and curlylocks; a wool/mohair boucle. The jacket is knitted side to side which means that once you have committed to the size the length is pretty well fixed. The jacket came out longer than I expected but I have not yet blocked it so will see what adjustments I can make. It looks a bit bulky in the picture - but I am wearing it over another sweater. I read other people saying how short the jacket knitted up before blocking so I knitted the larger size - but I will defer judgement until I do the blocking.

The knitted fabric is lovely - the jacket is lightweight but warm and I expect to get a lot of wear from it. It is supposed to be closed with a pin, but I have some nice pewter buttons from Green Planet Yarn and may use one or two of these as closures. I think I can just poke the buttons through the fabric so will experiment with optimum placement. I also notice on Ravelry that other people are pinning higher up the front - so I will try that out too.
I enjoyed knitting this - pretty mindless stitch pattern with minimal shaping. The yarns both felt lovely to knit with, once I got over the mohair making me sneeze. I still love the colour - even though it's refered to as the big booger in my house!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love it! And I like the length. Looking forward to seeing it in person at our next meetup.