Tuesday, September 19, 2006

GO Wonderpets!

Finlay's new favourite show is Wonderpets http://www.nickjr.com/home/wond_splash.jhtml

Linny is one of the heroes, he is a hamster. Finlay engaged me in a conversation as follows:
Finlay: Mummy, you know Linny in Wonderpets? On the TV he looks big, but actually he is really quite small.
Me: How small?
F: As small as the hamsters in the pet shop. (A popular activity for Finlay is going to visit the hamsters in the pet shop). I saw him.
M: Don't you think the Wonderpets are make-believe?
F: No they are real. The reason you have never seen them is that they live a long way from here. I saw them when I went in my spaceship. The chick and the turtle are small too.

This whole line of conversation has me wondering, yet again, if he really has a space ship concealed somewhere. After all, the wonderpets appear to be classroom pets - but are actually super heroes.

By the way, I love Wonderpets. It's one of the shows where I actually sit and watch with him. All the dialogue is sung like an opera. The only downside is that I sing the Wonderpets song all afternoon.."We're
not too big and we're not too tough, but when we work together we've got the right stuff...Go Wonderpets!"

Im running a small book on how long before we acquire a pet hamster.

No comments: