Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Old skirt

I knitted this skirt last summer, I tried it on as I knitted it to ensure a good fit, but it was very unflattering somehow so I put it away and didn't think about it.

I found it in my sweater drawer recently and tried it on again - I think the running is making a difference to my shape because I think it looks a lot better now. I wore it on Friday and got Adam to take a photo for me.



It's knitted in Elann Limited Edition Cottone-Lin yarn in colour 4, I think I used 8 balls. The pattern is 118-14 skirt with lace pattern from Drops Designs Book 118. Link is here. I modified the pattern to knit a casing for a 1" elastic instead of using a drawstring. I also knitted 3 repeats of the lace pattern because I thought an odd number of repeats looks better.

3 comments:

Strikkelise said...

Fits you perfectly! I wouldn't even dare to knit a skirt myself.

christina said...

It looks great.
I love the neutral colour.

ennadoolf said...

Beautiful! I haven't the nerve to try a skirt ... maybe some day!
(p.s. came to your blog via the lost/found hat blog story!)