Saturday, May 21, 2011

Collective cardigans

Is there a collective noun for one-button short-sleeved cardigans? If so, I need it since that seems to be what I'm knitting currently!

First up: Shalom cardigan by Meghan McFarlane. This is a free pattern that is made available in one-size, so I am adjusting the stitch counts based on other projects on Ravelry.

I'm knitting it in Rowan Cocoon which was a birthday present from Eileen.

Newest project: Silverbell Cardigan from the Classic Elite booklet "Magnolia". I saw this knitted as a sample at Bobbin's Nest on the 'field trip' that I made with Kerstin last weekend. It's a lovely yarn store with lots of samples - which I always like to see. They also have fabric and I bought some to make a dress.


The yarn is the Madeline Tosh Laceweight in Kelp that I bought at Imagiknit when Christina was visiting. I had planned to knit a whisper cardigan - but didn't like the knitted fabric so I frogged that project. I'm using the yarn held double to get gauge, which I don't usually like to do - but the yarn seems to be quite sticky and I'm not losing stitches as much as I thought I would. I'm really liking the knitted fabric and the colours are lovely and saturated.

2 comments:

yarnivorous said...

Silverbell looks cute. That blooklet has some nice patterns in it but Classic Elite doesn't come to Oz.
I knitted a Shalom for myself last year. I have actually worn it a few times - I don't often wear tops I've knitted as they itch me. Shalom sits far enough away from wrists/neck that it isn't a problem :-0

yarnivorous said...

PS I got spam at both my email addresses from your hotmail account. Getting the spam at one account I thought was just the trick thing but getting it at both of them made me suspicious. Has it been compromised?