Monday, June 16, 2008

World-Wide Knit in Public Day

Saturday was WWKIP day and I spent several enjoyable hours with the library group knitting in the library. We had cookies and prizes. However, I didnt take any photos...for those you will have to go to the Library Blog.

In the absence of action knitting photos I bring ongoing knitting pics:

I have finished the back of the Ribby Cardi. This rasberry colour is a replacement for the rather lurid purple that I previously cast on. The yarn is Cascade 220, and although not machine washable, is a better colour match.




I'm also knitting socks for Nigel out of the new Kaffe Fasset coloured Regia sock wool. I like the hard-wearing qualities of Regia and these colours are fab; bright without being garish.





I bought the Regia yarn at Kristens Knits when I was in Rochester. It's a terrific little store with a super yarn and pattern selection. I will certainly return there next time i'm in Rochester.

No comments: