Monday, April 23, 2007

On the needles

By popular demand (Christina) I am exposing what's currently "on the needles". As I'm not a competent HTML programmer I am not going to create a side-bar for this, but will do an occasional blog entry on in-progress knitting.

Im knitting some BBS (big black socks) for Ms Hemstreet's son who has been recently posted to Iraq. The are indeed big and black, but I made good progress on my flight from Puerto Rico.



In Puerto Rico I also cast on for the Estonian Garden Shawl in a gorgeous Claudia's handpaints yarn (part of my birthday sale shopping in Yarndogs). It's on hold for the moment while I await some Knitpicks needles. Ive ordered some 3.75 tips for my interchangeable cords as the Addi's are really too blunt for the fine lace work.

The yarn is a lovely subtle olive colour, I am trying a more solid colour for this complex lace work, rather than my usual combination of busy yarn in a complex pattern!

No comments: