Thursday, June 17, 2010

End of term knitting

I don't usually do much teacher-gift-knitting, but this year I did make something for both the boys' teachers:

Fin's teacher does not knit, but her mother does and she does wear hand-knit items. I decided that the Citron was a good colour for her so finished it off in time for the end of term. This is the Citron pattern from Knitty.com knitted in Knitwitches silk and mohair laceweight.


Adam's teacher has 2 girls, aged 5 years and 9 months, so having decided that his teacher was not so much a hand-knit person I made something for the girls.


Basic sock pattern in leftover Tofutsies, and Ysolda's tiny shoes in leftover cashmerino DK. Both teachers seemed pleased with the gifts and to appreciate the hand-made nature of them (by which I mean that hand-made is good!).

No comments: