Saturday, May 09, 2009

On the needles:SKB and Ishbel

I have a couple of projects on the needles at the moment (as well as the inevitable socks).
For my birthday my mother-in-law Eileen sent me some wool: Patons Balmoral (a silk and wool mix double knit) in this nice lavender shade.

I decided to knit a pattern I have had in my queue for a while: Stefanie Japel's Simple Knitted Bodice. It's a top-down raglan with a lace accent. I'm knitting the whole jumper in the same yarn rather than using a contrast.


So far the yarn is knitting up really nicely, it's soft but with good stitch definition. Would have been a good choice for cables really - but it's also a good match for this pattern.

I also have a lace pattern on the needles. This is Ishbel from Ysolda Teague.




I'm knitting it in Geisha yarn from Blue Moon Fiber in the Lucy Colourway. I'm up to the lace border of the shawl and somewhat stalled when I could not match the lace pattern stitch count with the written instructions. I read on Ravelry that I should ignore the written instructions and just work from the chart - but then I got sidetracked into the sweater.

No comments: