Wednesday, April 22, 2009

One of the birthdays

I don't seem to have any photos of my birthday which I also celebrated in April, but we had a lovely day out on my Mum's birthday.
She requested a day out on the bay, so we headed up to San Francsisco and took the ferry to Tiburon. We (Ferretworld) had never been there, but the journey was really the main event.

It was a glorious day out on the water with hundreds of boats out in force. I asked my parents if they missed sailing - but they said not, even on such a perfect sailing day. After a nice lunch on the waterfront in Tiburon we headed back to the terminal and got an old trolley bus back to the Ferry Building. San Francsico has a fleet of these rejuvenated trollies (trams) that run on some of the lines. We traveled in a 1936 trolley from Pittsburg. We grabbed a coffee at an Italian bar in the Ferry Building (picture above) before heading home for cake.

Banana cake from Icing on the Cake - this is the highlight of a birthday as far as the boys are concerned.






1 comment:

alce said...

Boy, you hit some of my favorite places! Happy birthday to your mum.