Wednesday, March 11, 2009

November in March

During the final week of my big project I was on a 5-day teleconference (!) to which I needed to listen and pay attention. I lined up a large simple piece of knitting to occupy me and keep me alert. I finished the ruffle last night and so here is my November Ruffle Wrap by Kate Jackson. (Ravelry link)




It's knitted in Rowan Felted Tweed in colour SH153 held with Rowan Kid Classic in colour 832. I used 4 skeins of the felted tweed (764 yards) and 5 of the Kid Classic (765 yards). I knitted it almost according to the pattern, although I cast on 10 more stitches for a little extra length. I also knitted the rufffle until the yarn ran out - rather than for 5" as specified in the pattern.




I fastened it with a carved stick that I bought at Stitches. The finished wrap is lovely and snuggly and I think I will wear it a lot (since I wear my clapotis wrap a lot), but it was terribly boring to knit! The stockinette portion was OK as it was quick and besides, I was looking for a boring project, but the ruffles took an eternity and I hate to knit rib!

I had to buy an additional needle to knit this so bought a 10.5 mm harmony wooden tip from Knitpicks. It was quite a pointy tip, which was good for knitting two strands of yarn, and I was really impressed by how smooth it was to knit with.

So overall a successful project, which thanks to my teleconference, was completed in just over a week.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

This turned out fantastic and looks great on you. Can't wait to see it in person! I have actually been looking at that pattern since I have a metric ton of Joseph Galler Alpaca.

yarnivorous said...

A FIVE day teleconference? Holy cow!
great idea to do something like that wrap, which looks wonderful :-)

Nicki said...

I LOVE This shawl. And I agre with Lisa - it looks great on you. I'm having so much fun perusing your blog. You have such an amazing gift!