Sunday, July 08, 2007


I did some sewing this weekend: I made some smocks from
this pattern. The pattern is based on a vintage smock pattern, and has an optional pocket (hence the name: Smocket), but I decided that I wanted to keep the smock completely reversible so no pockets. If I make one again I may sew the pocket first before I sew both sides together.

I used fabric from my stash - some of it leftovers, some that I had been hoarding for a long time. This pair of smocks are destined for Esme and Bridie, but I also made one each for Nancy and Harriet. I did persuade my 4-year old model to be measured to scale up the pattern, and to try the fit, but he absolutely refused to be photographed in the smock (even stripey side out). I don't really blame him.

No comments: