Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Off the needles: Heather Hoodie

Finally, after many months, I finished the Heather Hoodie... and have worn it almost non-stop since. (Not with the hood up however!)



The pattern is from the Fall 2009 issue of Knitscene (which is aimed at a much younger demographic apparently). The yarn is Sweet Grass Wool Targee 2-ply. It's more like an Aran weight and feels really like handspun yarn (not my handspun of course). I bought 5 skeins at Stitches West last year with a view to knitting a cabled vest - and this hoodie exactly fitted what I had imagined.


Dark wooden buttons from Yarndogs. The button band is a bit loose in these photos - I need to give it another wash/blocking - but have not yet managed to take it off.

This was definitely a 'win' project: nice to knit; with enough cables to keep it interesting; but a large gauge to make it quick; and a good finished product.

No comments: