Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the Needles: Chirimen sweater

I've cast on a new project. This is design number 12 from Jenny Watson's book for Noro: "Flowers". Christina sent me this book and had singled out this design as being one I would like, and it was the first one that captured my attention.




The yarn is Noro Chirimen, one of the new range of Noro yarns. Chirimen is a double knit weight yarn of 60% cotton, 24% silk, 16% wool, with the typical long colour runs that Noro yarn is famed for. This yarn is colour 001 which is considered 'black, taupe, and grey', I saw a sample of another sweater knitted in this colour at Yarndogs which was predominantly black and taupe, however my sweater seems to have a lot of a lovely pistachio green and a light smoky blue as well.

I'm knitting this for me, although clearly my desire for another Noro sweater outweighs my need!

No comments: