Friday, July 24, 2009

More yarn

This is some yarn I spun since I spun the Columbine yarn. I was trying to make a thicker yarn to knit a hat or cowl or something.




The fibre is from Tactile Fiber Arts and I bought it at Stitches West 2009. Its a Blue Faced Leicester combed top in colour 'dogwood'. Tactile use natural dyes and the colours are pretty and delicate. I love the pink/green colour combination and wanted to preserve the long colour transitions, so I spun the top without splitting it, and then navajo/chain plied it. I had tried navajo plying previously but it was much easier with my tensioned kate. I have 85 yards from 2oz of fibre, although I had spun a little of it on my drop spindle so the yarn is actually about 1.7oz.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Brilliant.
Can't wait to see the hat.