Saturday, February 17, 2007

More extremities

There was some wool left over from my fetching mitts so I made a mini pair for Adam's friend Emma - she is perpetually clad in pink and orange. (In fact if I thought I could get away with it I would dress exactly like Emma). I adjusted the fetching pattern over 30 stitches, with only 2 cable repeats.

I persuaded Finlay to model the finished mitts, and now he has demanded some for himsef - but not in pink. At least these are a quick knit.

I also finished Nigel's socks. Again my generic pattern, in this case I added a tiny rib down each side which splits at the heel. The cuff is a 2x2 rib.
The wool is Austermann Step in colour Cobblestone and it was lovely to knit with; the wool is infused (not sure whether infused is the exact technical term) with aloe vera and jojoba oil which meant that instead of drying my hands out to knit, they were soft and moisturised. I will look out for more of this wool - the patterning is pretty uninspiring, but the texture terrific.

No comments: