Thursday, April 06, 2006

A shrunken cardigan

I have finished my black cardigan.




Its the Not so Shrunken Cardi from Knit and Tonic:
Knit and Tonic

it was a really nice knit which is lucky as this is the second time I have knitted it. The first time I made it too large and it was rather more of a kimono cardigan than I intended. Mammie was a happy receipient of the larger cardi (despite being actually smaller than me).

My version was knitted in Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool which knits up into a really nice soft fabric (sorry Fabrrrrrrrik) although it seems to have a lots of bits of vegetative matter in the yarn. I knitted the second cardi in a smaller size and tried it on at various stages to ensure that the fit was what I wanted. It turned out just great. My crochet ruffles are a bit wobbly but they did press out pretty well and the wonkiness is not apparent to the unobservant viewer.

I wore it to work on Thursday and was really pleased with how it looked over a fitted white shirt with black trousers. It was nice to dress up a bit for work - sadly this outfit counts as dressed up compared to my normal attire to work which is very casual these days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely. But....
Maybe you will have to knit it a third time. I fear you will soon be too thin for this cardy too!

Anonymous said...

It does look very good especially to the non experienced knitter. And it's a lovely photo of you.