Friday, August 29, 2008

What I knitted on my holidays

I did get some crafty time during our vacation. On my day out with Ingrid, we met at Liberty of London.





Sadly, the neither the wool, nor the fabric departments were what they once were. I did buy some Tana lawn for a top for me but I saved my yarn purchases for my day out with Christina.

Christina and I went to John Lewis in Oxford St and spent a couple of hours looking at the new Rowan books, and the samples. I bought the book and yarn to knit Lamour from Rowan Magazine 44 in the Grand colour of Rowan Wool Cotton.

Christina set me up on her wheel and I produced this:




I knit some socks for my Grandad, whom we didnt get to see this time. I hope he likes the socks - usual recipe, Austerman Step.




I also managed to turn the silk garden into this:




More on this to follow.

No comments: