Saturday, February 28, 2009

Stitches 2009 - Wish you were here



I made my annual pilgramage to Stitches on Friday. For those who don't know Stitches is a knitting convention - approximately 7000 people crowd into the Santa Clara Convention Center over three days to attend classes, buy yarn, and generally mingle with a crowd who ask what pattern your sweater is!




I went alone, but met many friends, and made some new friends. I just planned to look and shop (no lessons) but didn't have too much in mind to buy.


Here is my haul:

I bought some cashmere from Belisa Cashmere, along with a pattern, a couple of Blue Moon mill ends, some BLF fiber from Tactile Fiber Arts, and a couple of projects worth of yarn:

The '1970s appliance' green is a Fleece Artist Sea Vines kit - seawool and a pattern for a sleeveless vest, the brown yarn is from Sweet Grass Wool and is a largely untreated aran weight yarn. I bought enough for a sleeveless/short sleeved vest.

I had a lot of fun - but came home about 3pm exhausted. I cant think how people stay there all day, or all weekend!

No comments: